In addition to working towards my own running goals, I also help others meet their goals. I am an RRCA-certified running coach. I love the challenge of looking at your recent running habits and designing a plan to help you meet your goals. I particularly love the weekly coaching interactions and celebrating the progress my clients make.
The basic services that I presently provide to a limited number of clients include:
If you live in the Knoxville area, I can meet with you to:
- Analyze your running form (gait)
- Analyze your current training
- Help you solve problems related to recurring pains/injuries
- Help you run faster with less energy!
Fees for Run Coaching:
- $40 for the initial session
- $20 per hour for follow-up sessions
Creating a custom training program
If you want a training plan for a specific race, I can develop a training plan geared towards your specific goals and needs. The price for a training plan includes a consultation to determine your current fitness level, health/injury history, and running goals.
Fee: $5 per week of training x number of weeks
[This includes training plan and periodic online coaching]
- Your results in recent races. This will help determine what paces you should be running.
- Your goals for the half and full. Also the exact dates of both.
- How many miles do you typically run in a week, especially in the last two months.
- How many days per week do you want to run? Which days do you typically rest?
- Do you crosstrain? Swimming or cycling?
- What else do you want me to know about you and your running as I am planning your training schedule?
P. Mark is available to speak at special events including corporate fitness training, club meetings, and fund-raisers. Popular topics include how to get started as a runner. how to run faster, and how to stay motivated as a runner. The standard fee per 1 hour is $50 within 30 Miles of Knoxville, TN. Beyond that region, the standard fee will be $100 per hour plus travel costs.
Check out these books by P. Mark Taylor for more advice on running: