Coach “P. Mark” Taylor
- Started my “second running career” in 2009 after a 24 year break.
- Completed my first marathon in 2010.
- Qualified for the Boston Marathon by my performance in marathons in 2012, 2013, & 2014.
- Won numerous awards at races, including masters champion at two half-marathons.
- Started coaching runners to overcome injuries and achieve personal records in 2012.
- Author of books on running.
In addition to working towards my own running goals, I also help others meet their goals. I am an RRCA-certified running coach. I love the challenge of looking at your recent running habits and designing a plan to help you meet your goals. I particularly love the weekly coaching interactions and celebrating the progress my clients make.
The basic services that I presently provide to a limited number of clients include:
If you live in the Knoxville area, I can meet with you to:
- Analyze your running form (gait)
- Analyze your current training
- Help you solve problems related to recurring pains/injuries
- Help you run faster with less energy!
Fees for Run Coaching:
- $40 for the initial session
- $20 per hour for follow-up sessions
Creating a custom training program
If you want a training plan for a specific race, I can develop a training plan geared towards your specific goals and needs. The price for a training plan includes a consultation to determine your current fitness level, health/injury history, and running goals.
Fee: $20 base fee + $5 per week of training x number of weeks
[This includes training plan and periodic online coaching]
- Your results in recent races. This will help determine what paces you should be running.
- Your goals for the half and full. Also the exact dates of both.
- How many miles do you typically run in a week, especially in the last two months.
- How many days per week do you want to run? Which days do you typically rest?
- Do you crosstrain? Swimming or cycling?
- What else do you want me to know about you and your running as I am planning your training schedule?
If you are interested in applying to become a client, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Video Gait Analysis (running form)
The two main reasons you might want to have your running form (gait) analyzed are:
- Alleviate pain while running
- Increase your running speed without increasing effort
In order to analyze your running gait, you will need to send me videos of you running:
- Video from the right side as you run past
- Video from the left side as you run past
- Video from the front side as you run towards the camera
- Video from the back side as you run away from the camera
With these videos, I will be able to diagnose issues such as:
- Strength/Weakness issues
- Improper lean
Fees for Video Gait Analysis: $20 for the initial session, $10 for follow-up sessions
P. Mark is available to speak at special events including corporate fitness training, club meetings, and fund-raisers. Popular topics include how to get started as a runner. how to run faster, and how to stay motivated as a runner. Email me to discuss availability, stipend, and expenses.
Check out these books by P. Mark Taylor for more advice on running: